Sunday is the New York City Marathon, and that will mean street closures throughout the race course.
The following streets/intersections in north Brooklyn will be closed from car traffic at different times:
- Bedford Avenue between Wallabout Street and Lynch Street: from 7:35 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Bedford Avenue and South 3rd Street: 7:35 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- Manhattan Avenue past Bedford Avenue: 7:45 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Manhattan Avenue before Greenpoint Avenue: 7:45 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- McGuiness Boulevard approaching the Pulaski Bridge: 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
If you’re in the area, check out the marathon. It doesn’t hurt to give them some words of encouragement!